Friday, May 29, 2009


Dried mucus from someone's nose was quite noticeably pasted on the paper about SI. I reflected for few seconds to deduce the message behind this seemingly barbaric and disgusting collage from the given premises.

One supposition I made was that someone very dedicated and artistic had tried to present the ominousness of SI by being disgusting. And the other one I had was that someone racist had done it in order to particularly degrade Koreans and Chineses, considering the dried mucus was pasted on only Chinese and Korean ones.

I pointed it out to Dan W, who was roaming around me. He said,
"You did it. You noticed it first so you did it", which was mean of him I thought.
"How did you know that?" I said without a hint of sacasm.

I figured his logic is not soundly. If it were universally true, anyone, who randomly finds a corpse, has to be the murderer. Newton had to be the one who created gravity only because he's the one who noticed it first and Maillard had to be the one who created Browning reaction only beacause he's the one who noticed it for the first time (this may seem like a nonsensical application of his logic, for creating gravity or browning reaction just cannot be done by normal people, but pasting dried muscus, to me, is disgusting enough to be infeasible as well so I guess it makes sense).

No comments:

our daily history